Friday, February 17, 2012

Juicing -Day 5

Yesterday I tried adding jalapeños to my Green. It turned out pretty well. I'm getting bored with the lack of flavor in the juice, so adding jalapeño worked out nicely, as does the ginger to the fruity juice. Mean Green is supposed to have ginger, but I hadn't bought any until recently. I first had Thai ginger, and maybe I didn't use enough? So I bought regular ginger (regular meaning the sort I'm used to using for cooking), and it seems to do a good job of flavoring the juice. I'll need to try using ginger in my next batch of Green.

I still haven't had any noticeable changes in my self. I don't feel a change in energy level (up or down), weight hasn't changed any more than water retention would change it... I haven't done any exercising yet, so maybe that will help? I haven't felt the motivation to go to the gym, though... I was hoping that feeling more energetic would get me going.

Right now, I'm sitting with my mom at Shirokiya. She's eating lunch while I'm sipping on juice. I really miss the different flavors of food. Curry, tempura, takoyaki! Even rice. And then I'm thinking about going karaoke tonight, and that will be so awkward without alcohol! Maybe I should just skip... I don't know. But! If I do go I will be lenient with this diet and have edamame (plain boiled with some salt).

Speaking of salt... I feel as though I miss the taste of salt. I don't know if I just simply miss it or if my body actually needs it? Hmmmm... I've been eating no salt almonds (raw and roasted). Maybe I should get a little bit of salt in my diet?

My coworker friend who did this juicing went for ten days, one day with one meal, then another ten days, etc. until he went on his trip to Vegas. He said he lost 30 lbs!!! I think it was for 26 days. I don't know if I could keep it up for as long though... Like I said, I'm getting a bit bored. He sent me other recipes to try, so maybe I will try to change it up. I just feel like I should be sticking to the Mean Green recipe. But I guess if he had a wide variety and was able to lose weight, so maybe I'm just being too frigid?

Going to do some walking around the mall. That's somewhat exercise, right?

No comments: