Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Juicing - Day 5, 6, 7, 8 recap

I've never really been good at keeping up with blogs/journals. Procrastinator here!

Day 5 went okay. I took two juices with me to karaoke with friends. And I ended up having two vodkas and a sip of scotch. I didn't see how it would hurt too bad, right? and I also had edamame (soy beans) while I was there. only salt, no sauce or anything.

Day 6 was similar to Day 5. No alcohol, though. I went to my friend's bachelorette party, where I couldn't eat any of the food there (I paid $20 to cover the food and drinks and I couldn't eat any or drink any of it!). We went to Rumfire (bar at the Sheraton Waikiki) and I had some edamame again.

Day 7, I had work in the morning, so I had made extra juice the day before. I actually started feeling hungry during work. it was strange to me, since I hadn't really felt hungry during this juicing. On Friday, I did feel a little hungry, but nothing I couldn't handle. I went to gagaku class at night and I was fine. I bought more produce from Safeway (the Kapahulu Safeway is so wonderful! it has a lot of variety), which included grapes and blueberries (they were on sale).

Day 8 was a holiday! President's Day. I stayed home all day and just watched TV and did some laundry. I felt hungry at night, so I heated up some edamame and lightly salted it.

So far on this diet, I actually dropped 5 pounds, but then it went back up by three pounds. Could the edamame have done that? I can't imagine that it would, considering you only eat the bean and not the pod, it's really not a whole lot of substance. Or the two shots of vodka? it was straight up vodka with ice, no fruit mixers or anything. It kind of baffles me on what could have caused my weight to go back up?

No comments: