Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Juicing - Day 1

So, I decided to try out the juicing diet that they show on the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.

I sort of followed the "Mean Green" juice recipe. it's not exact, since I don't remember the exact number of leaves or cups or whatnot.

6 kale leaves
4 celery stalks
2 green apples
1 cucumber
1/2 lemon
ginger (don't have ginger right now)

so it's basically like that, except I used half a cucumber since the one I got was pretty big. I used lime on the first try since I didn't have lemon. tossed in some spinach on the second and third juice.

So anyway, this is actually the start of Day 2, but I didn't write anything for Day 1. Day 1 I had two of the mean green and one plain apple juice (from the juicer). I went to work at 2:30pm, and I did feel a bit hungry toward the end of the shift (probably around 9-ish), but I did okay. Oh, I had about 20 almonds. According to the documentary you can include nuts in the diet, so I got some no salt almonds.

ADD IN: I forgot to mention that I started feeling a headache coming on at night. I'm thinking might be lack of caffeine? I don't drink coffee regularly, but I do drink green tea. It may not have as much caffeine, but it does have it. and an occasional diet soda (which has lots of caffeine). the headache was only on the left side of my head? not sure. Really not sure what to expect with this juicing thing. I'm betting people experience different things.

When I got home, I made another Green and drank 3/4 of it.

No comments: